Mull of Kintyre Lighthouse
Things to see and do in Kintyre
- Isle of Gigha (ferry from Tayinloan). See the rhododendrons and azaleas in bloom at the famous Achamore Gardens, . Stroll along the peaceful lanes or hire a bike for the day
- Clan Macalister Centre and Glenbarr Abbey
- Aqualibrium Leisure Centre and swimming pool in Campbeltown
- The Picture House (cinema), Campbeltown
- Carradale - fishing village with picturesque harbour
- Torrisdale Castle Organic Tannery
- Hire a surfboard and try surfing on the Atlantic waves breaking over the beach at West Port
- Springbank Distillery and Whisky School
- Skipness Castle
If you’re new to this area, come along the previous weekend and give yourself time for some leisurely exploration . . . do a reccy of the Kintyre Way and build up your reserves of energy!
Or spend a week island-hopping: a day on Gigha, a day or two on Islay, a day on Jura, a day or two on Mull, a day on Arran, and then make your way home (or start off) via the Isle of Bute. Find out about Island Hopscotch tickets for getting around on the Calmac ferries.
Image © Copyright Steve Partridge and licensed
for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
The Kintyre Way alongside Lussa Loch